Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Production Technician on 1st shift to join our team. The position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The Production Technician will perform a wide range of skilled assembly to produce a quality product in a timely manner. The production technician will assemble Low Voltage panelboards and switchboards for light commercial applications.
- Follow blue prints and wiring schematics to assemble the products.
- Use hand and power tools to assemble the products.
- Inspect and test the finished goods to maintain quality
- Work with a dynamic team that prides itself on positive energy
- Have the opportunity to improve site conditions, productivity and performance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum one year of experience in electrical assembly or manufacturing setting or completion of a vocational program (minimum of 9 months)
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Aurora, CO will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Should be familiar with assembly drawings and written instructions
- Basic computer skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
- Experience in electrical equipment maintenance / installation
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
- Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Develop job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency based on training received.
- Participate actively in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement.
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area.
- Wear and maintain required and as applicable task specific PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Wear required eye protection and steel toe shoes on shop floor.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No