Learn more about Eaton here: Video “we make what matters work”
- Would you like to work for a large global multinational company in a growing facility as part of a dynamic team?
- Are you looking for an exciting role with many varying activities and opportunities to learn?
- Do you thrive on interacting with people across locations and business levels and enjoy offering guidance, presenting, negotiating and problem-solving?
- Do you have good knowledge of general commercial law and experience in working with commercial contracts?
If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Eaton is looking for a full-time French and English-speaking Contract Manager to work in the Law Department and to take a lead role in providing legal support on commercial contracts across Eaton in the France, South Europe and North Africa region.
Based in our European Headquarters in Morges, you will be part of an international team working with Sales and Supply Chain in the EMEA region as well as with other Legal Contract Managers, Business Attorneys and Professionals in different locations and levels throughout Eaton.
You will be responsible for leading legal support on commercial contracts – from review and drafting through negotiation, internal approval and contract finalisation.
Here is an idea of what you will spend your time doing:
Analyse, interpret and negotiate terms and conditions for various commercial deals and projects (e.g. supply, purchase, brand label, strategic alliance, design, consultant, services, long term agreements), especially taking a lead role in negotiating complex, high value contracts and/or contracts for strategic accounts.
Be part of the creation and implementation of contract management processes and ensure continued compliance with set processes, policies and standards throughout our Sales and Supply Chain organisation.
Be at ease in drafting contract wording and providing legal guidance to colleagues for our different business requirements.
Keep informed of existing agreements, approved risk mitigation plans, ongoing negotiations, win/loss reasons and use such information to develop and improve contract reviews, risk mitigation actions, negotiation strategies, approval recommendations, leading to informed decision making and acceptable risk taking by the business.
Prepare contract risk assessments for internal stakeholder’s approval based on Eaton’s policies and procedures.
Train Eaton’s Sales and Supply Chain professionals on defined contractual concept and contract management processes.
This job could be for you if:
- You have 3 to 5 years’ legal/contract management experience;
- You have good knowledge of general Commercial Law; Experience with IT/technology contracts is a plus but not essential;
- You have the personality and demeanour to interact with individuals of all personality types at all levels of an international organisation;
- You are an experienced negotiator and comfortable in negotiations;
- You are native French speaker and fluent in English. Another European language is a plus.
We would like to hear from you if you think your experience fits, regardless of your current industry.
Legal Degree is a plus but not essential.
Eaton offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including competitive salary, benefits and an employee wellness programme.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time