If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer – Reliability in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Its energy-efficient solutions help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, safely and sustainably. The company is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton employs 99,000 people worldwide and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton Research Labs (ERL) located in Pune, India has openings for Senior Engineer in Center for Reliability & Safety (CfRS)team within the Eaton India Innovation Center. This role is established with focus to identify, manage and mitigate reliability risks associated for electrical products and systems including Transformers, VFD drives, circuit protection devices/switch gears etc. Eaton Research Labs (ERL) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions. The core responsibilities of these position are following:
- Responsible for independently researching and developing reliability, availability, condition monitoring solutions for electrical products and systems.
- Responsible for interfacing with electrical sites to mine information from field returns data for identifying field failure causes and feed the funnel of projects for condition monitoring solutions and fault diagnosis.
- Responsible for developing strategies to take solutions into product, developing business case through up-time and availability assessment, total cost of ownership assessment for solutions.
- Additional responsibilities of this position: Develop reliability methods & processes in the area of electrical/electronic systems consisting of Wide Band-Gap (WBG) devices and network/communication protocols. Responsible to define, conduct and assess PoF based DOEs, hypothesis testing by leveraging EIIC test lab while doing so.
- Collaborate with Program Managers to define reliability milestones, activities & effort for identified projects. Practices AgileStarts™ methodology in this process.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton Research Lab
Your essential responsibilities:
- Utilize Test Lab Infrastructure, DFSS concepts/tools such as DOE, Hypothesis testing, DFR concepts / tools such as scorecard, DFMEA, Risk Management, DVPR, field data and external publications to develop new proposals for condition monitoring and fault diagnosis in the area of electrical/electronic systems.
- Drives AgileStarts™ framework on programs in order to mature the xRL maturity.
- Work with cross functional teams and global reliability engineering teams for identifying condition monitoring and fault diagnosis opportunities.
- Planning milestones, executing milestones, conducting technical and project reviews, communication and on-job development.
- Creates, and sustains process for design standards and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the associated business group
If you are:
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Masters in Reliability
- Preferred: PhD with research area in condition monitoring and fault diagnosis
- Masters with 2 years working in RAMS or fresh PhD.
- Proficiency in reliability, availability and condition monitoring. Skilled in the areas of reliability statistics, advance statistics, data analytics, developing & analyzing component failure rates. Knowledge in reducing field/warranty data into relevant life and failure rate information.
- Hands-on experience in developing structured experimentation and developing life models.
- Experience with any industry proven reliability analysis suite of tools like Reliasoft, MATLAB etc.
- Desired: Work experience in the area of Transformers, VFD drives, circuit protection devices/switch gears etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time