If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Review assigned projects and provide cost effective designs and processes with suppliers based on compliance with
- established company standards and customer specifications including EBS, EQS, ELSS, MESH and ProLaunch.
- Lead projects to resolve systematic issues that will improve supplier quality and increase customer satisfaction and developing robust manufacturing and business processes as needed with suppliers. Drive continuous improvement.
- Interact with other department members to solve problems and to ensure company goals and deadlines are achieved.
- Evaluate supplier performance concerns through root cause techniques to facilitate improved efficiencies a productivity.
- Work with suppliers on 8D Supplier Corrective Action Requests to ensure permanent and preventive actions.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Assessments for new and existing suppliers to drive minimum requirements and expectations for giving new business or sustaining business with Eaton.
- Manage project risks including resource constraints, meeting timelines and milestones, technical design and process risks. Establish, evaluate and monitor timelines in order to meet expectations of customer and the company for time, cost and quality.
- Establish communication link between stakeholders, customers, project team and production in order to meet production demands for launch. Support teams in the quest for excellence utilizing process improvement techniques (i.e. VA/VE, Kaizen, DOE, QFD, VSM, APQP, etc.)
- Work with suppliers on sample parts approval.
- Ensure consistency/standardization of how the APQP process and the ProLaunch process is utilized with suppliers on all launch projects in order to improve efficiencies and reduce cost of launches
- Minimum 2 years of engineering experience as Quality
engineer in the design and manufacturing of electrical product
- Familiar with Design feasibility reviews, engineering drawings, specifications, control plans, and FMEA’s, Inspection tools : CMM, Calipers etc., ISO 9001/TS16949 quality system, Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing processes
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Good at English and Mandarin, MS office software
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time