Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for 1st Shift to join our team. This position is based at our South Bend, IN Forging facility.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Maintenance Technicians to organize, plan and monitor the repair, replacement, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of forging related equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead the maintenance team, in maintaining and repair of various types of production equipment. Lead facility maintenance, upgrades, and projects including managing outside contractors, and quoting.
- Plan and direct scheduled or unplanned maintenance activities and establish maintenance priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors. Review and analyze maintenance metrics and operational reports to determine causes of equipment failure and reliability.
- Consult with engineering personnel relative to modification of machines and equipment in order to improve production and quality of products.
- Ensure critical spares are managed efficiently. Establish and maintain staffing and required training/development to ensure support of the operations. Initiate and maintain plant requirements to all mandatory environmental and safety regulations. Ensure compliance with safety and housekeeping practices, company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities related to the facility as needed. Confer with operations to direct the inspection of machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks.
- Power user for Oracle work order system (EAM). Lead MESH (Safety) categories that correspond to maintenance and facility activities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Minimum 2 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time