Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a 2nd Shift CNC Machine Operator to join our team! This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
This position is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of various machining equipment while ensuring compliance with all quality standards of finished parts. Work directly with other Line Personnel, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and/or Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Monitor and maintain CNC equipment, manual and automatic gauging systems, robots, gantries, and material handling systems operations.
- Perform all checks called out on Inspection Plans and gauging functions to ensure machines are running within specifications.
- Adjust machines and tooling to keep parts within allowable tolerances.
- Perform operator-related preventative maintenance and cleaning as required.
- Conduct machine changeovers and change tool inserts as needed to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of company assets.
- Adhere to and comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Hastings, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum two years working knowledge of production environment machinery operation, including ability to run, set-up and change-over equipment or related education.
- Familiarity with blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use is preferred.
- Experience with various measuring instrumentation such as calipers and micrometers to gauge parts
- Ability to trouble-shoot production related problems.
- Ability to hear machine operation sounds that may indicate defective parts machine failures, changes in speed and other routine running conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, and function in a team-oriented environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No