Eaton Corporation in Sumter, SC is currently seeking Paint Line Operators on multiple shifts to join our team.
The Paint Line Operators will be responsible for fulfilling internal and external customer orders by ensuring that parts, assemblies and sub-assemblies are cleaned and prepared to receive paint. You will enter information in data collection systems, operate paint equipment and perform daily preventative maintenance. You will effectively communicate and work with members of a team to complete your job function and meet safety, quality and productivity goals.
- A Shift Mon-Thurs 5am-3pm
- B Shift Mon- Thurs 3pm-1am
- C shift Fri-Sun 5am-5pm
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Hang parts on the paint line and unload, inspect and label parts after painting.
- Package and ship parts as needed.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or part shortages.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement as well as complete root cause analysis in response to issues with quality or production.
- You will be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
- You will cross train and stand in for other employees/job functions when necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience as a paint line operator.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Proficient with computers and programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 35 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 35 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No