Eaton’s North American Truck Division within the Vehicle Group is seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our South Bend, IN facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Direct quality personnel and prioritize quality functions of the plant
- Drive Continuous improvement on elimination of systemic and non-systemic Production requirements
- Review daily in-process metrics to determine team priorities and communication to plant of quality direction
- Develop and implement corrective actions using 8D, A3 and other lean tools to support initiatives around the reduction of internal & customer PPM, rework, scrap and FPY
- Direct cross-functional teams to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and customer requirements.
- Understand and adhere to a quality system in conjunction with divisional procedures to ensure compliance with IATF requirements, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements.
- Interact with divisional resources on the problem-solving projects for product quality improvements
- Support new product development from a Quality stand point including PPAP submission and Product warrants.
- Motivates and coach’s employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results
- Ensure the standardized Vehicle Group processes for the supplier quality management system are established, implemented, measured, and maintained within the plant
- Supplier WISPER system utilization and Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual guidance within the plant
- Supplier PPAP – coordinate part samples for dimensional review and assembly trials
- Manage notification (DMRs), responsiveness, containment, root cause determination, corrective action, and closure of supplier quality issues. Control scorecard (supplier DPPM) and lead the Cost of Poor Quality process
- Monitor and Track Supplier quality issues and escalation concerns
- Be a plant voice to our entire team on quality requirements and initiatives
- Lead and conduct our teammate meetings around quality (Take 2 for quality)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum three (3) years of work experience in a manufacturing environment.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- Three (3) years of direct quality experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- CQE Certification
- Green Belt Certification.
- TS 16949 or IATF Knowledge & Experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time