Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician Multi-Craft to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
The Maintenance Technician Multi-Craft will be responsible to conduct troubleshooting, diagnoses, and repairs to plant equipment and facility. Participate in various teams. Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Actively supports all maintenance programs to improve machine performance. Identifies and suggests design changes to increase equipment life span, reduce costs, increase production efficiency, and improve product quality.
- Install and maintain electrical systems including running conduit, pulling wire, control wiring, and trouble shooting in order to provide electrical expertise to the facility.
- Read and understand blueprints, manuals, and diagrams to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Possess strong mechanical background, including hydraulic and pneumatic system repair and application.
- Perform Arc, TIG, and MIG welding, including oxy-acetylene cutting and brazing.
- Operate lift trucks, man lifts and boom lifts to work in elevated locations.
- Fabricate various devices and mechanisms to improve, repair or replace that which is not operating properly or efficiently.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Forest City, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must have a valid/current Driver’s License
5 years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience OR a completed associates degree in a technical field with 3 years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- PC Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Datastream
- Understanding of NFPA 70 including NFPA 70E
- Basic PLC logic circuit troubleshooting/certification
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel experience/certification
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic experience/certification
- Fire Suppression Systems experience/license
- Electrician License (Residential/Commercial/Master)
- HVAC License
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No