Eaton’s Vehicle group is currently seeking an EHS Lead Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our new Aguascalientes facility.
This position is responsible for leading the overall environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the Aguascalientes site.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Responsible for completion of Eaton Corporate, Regional, and site specific EHS targets & objectives. Supports development, maintenance, and sustainment of goals that align with corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Manages site annual self-assessment and risk assessment programs including closing gaps identified critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- Functions as the lead for tracking and assessment of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to demonstrate EHS performance.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and production supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Drives engagement to ensure positive sustainable improvements in meeting corporate and plant goals.
- Directs and promotes Zero Incident Culture (ZIC)
- Drives EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Drives efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Manages the established EHS data processes, including MESH Prism to manage data
- Develops and maintains training matrixes to ensure that all required training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Ensures that all key EHS operational controls are in place, and EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Oversees all near-miss and accident reports, accident investigations and OSHA recordable incidents. Provides appropriate follow up with supervisors and employees to ensure that actions are implemented to prevent injuries and reoccurrences. Ensures that Staff level members and the plant as a whole has the appropriate communication related to any incidents.
- Provides on-call support after hours and on weekends for any post-incident drug tests.
- Responsible for developing managers of people to support EHS plant initiatives
- Assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements.
- Support MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, preferably in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience related to environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Ability to communicate (Spanish & English) with clarity, impact and passion, and tailored to the audience
- Working knowledge of ISO14001
- Advanced degree or professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available) encouraged, or candidate must have willingness to pursue.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective in enabling and driving change
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
- Ability to integrate EHS with other functions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time