Eaton’s Vehicle group is currently seeking a Metallurgical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our new Aguascalientes facility.
This position acts as the voice of Quality as a core team member on New Product Development and Standard Transition Process teams and will work as a supervisor for the quality technicians and gage lab. The position is responsible to complete all project deliverables assigned to the Metallurgical and Quality function. This role works to ensure product quality requirements for Heat Treat and Metallurgy are maintained.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Participate as a core team member on New Product Development (NPD) or System Transfer Program (STP) teams.
- Lead Quality metallurgical deliverables as assigned on each New Product Development (NPD) or System Transfer Program (STP) team, including the following examples: Special Product Characteristics (SPC) determination, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), Customer Requirements, Eaton Manufacturing PPAP, Early Production Containment.
- Participate as a Fresh Eyes auditor for FEA, and lead CQI certifications each year
- Act as a representative of the Quality function on the NPD and STP teams, functionally direct quality resources as required to support the projects.
- Lead metallurgical projects to assure compliance on current products, with the manufacturing plant and customer.
- Develops, optimizes and implements manufacturing controls for critical operating parameters on all metallurgically related production processes (primary focus on hardening, tempering, solution treating. aging, forging)
- Develops and maintains procedures and instructions for production and laboratory equipment.
- Evaluates equipment and process problems and implements corrective actions.
- Provides technical expertise, training and guidance internally, to suppliers and to customers.
- Develops and conducts relevant research projects to improve manufacturing problems. Provides reports and presentations of the investigation and recommendations.
- Provides metallurgical prospective to Change Management, Internal/External Audits, LPA’s, Material Review Board, and EHS Assessments.
- Maintains relevant CQI annual assessments.
- Manages the Metallurgical Laboratory functions and interactions with other departments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Materials Science
- 5 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment with metallurgically-intensive processes, such as heat treating, forging, welding.
- 5 years of experience in in manufacturing environment with metallurgically-intensive processes, such as heat treating, forging, welding
- 1 year of experience in supervision
- Demonstrated working knowledge of manufacturing quality system implementation based on IATF 16949
- Presentation and facilitation knowledge with skills in teaching, training, and developing employees.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- Strong understanding of AIAG tools, statistical tools, and analysis
- Problem Solving
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)MSA
- Process Capability
- Control Plans
- Gage Plans
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Master’s Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Materials Science
- Experience in Nickel Alloy manufacturing, processing, and heat treating.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt, or Shainin Red-X Apprentice
- Certified Quality Engineer
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Organización: VEH Vehicle Group
Nivel de puesto: Colaborador individual
Horario: Tiempo completo
Es un trabajo a distancia (es decir, trabajar desde casa o otro centro Eaton) permitió para este puesto?: No -ES
¿Esta oferta de reubicación posición?: No
Viaje: Sí, un 10 % del tiempo