Eaton’s Vehicle group is currently seeking a Buyer/Planner to join our team. This position is based at our new Aguascalientes facility.
The Buyer is responsible for a variety of activities of planning procuring, negotiation and follow up activities to provide a variety of commodities in support of the planning process of Vehicle manufacturing. The position drives continuous improvement while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Procure direct & indirect materials to support production. Possesses knowledge and or applicable skills to master Oracle and other supply chain process.
- Comply with established SCM policies and procedures and support continuous improvement of EBE processes for SCM Direct and Indirect Material Purchasing.
- Manage and develop supplier to ensure optimal quality and delivery.
- Develop, maintain and foster strong supplier relationships. Manages supplier relationships and opportunities for cost out and product/supplier improvement, while ensuring production, delivery, and goal attainment for plants.
- Collect data and prepare reports for day to day operations and to present recommendations for continuous improvement (cost, quality and delivery).
- Support engineering, production, accounting and quality on non-departmental led projects.
- Using problem solving tools (8D, A3, Etc.) to solve specific problems related to supplier deliveries / cost.
- Procure material in accordance with SMART rules and policies.
- Ensure planning parameters are maintained to improve supplier OTD, customer OTD & minimize inventory levels.
- Take actions to provide input to the SIOP to align Supply and Demand on responsible parts.
- Conduct supplier visit as required and participate on the qualification of quality system audits.
- Develop and Maintain Order Policy Parameters based on corporate guidelines.
- Managing capital, capital appropriation requests and tooling payments/records
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of experience in supply chain work activities for a manufacturing site.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Proficient computer-systems knowledge and application skills.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, purchasing and supplier management best practices - including supplier selection, APQP, performance metrics/reporting, quality assurance, and continuous process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
- Possesses knowledge of Oracle base applications 11i and R12
- Knowledge of, and ability to appropriately apply, analytical and problem-solving skills including problem solving, supplier sourcing, and statistical analysis tools.
- Ability to define problems, eliminate root cause(s), and create supply chain solutions and/or process improvements.
- Effective people/interpersonal, communication and customer care skills.
- ISM CSMP or APICS CSCP
- Lean and six sigma Knowledge
- Vehicle component experience preferred
- Strong Leadership skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time