Eaton's Fluid & Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
The Quality Technician’s primary function is to perform PO reviews, AS9102 first articles, internal audits and corrective action.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We created an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist in analyzing customer returns for root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Interface with customers as a point of contact for: Audits, Corrective Actions, and Problem resolution; supports customer onsite visits and audits.
- Inspect products, and processes to insure conformance with quality standards and specifications.
- Perform customer specific and AS9102 first article inspections; Performs product acceptance inspections as per specific customer vendor release programs.
- Perform reviews of customer purchase orders and PO amendments
- Assist in root cause analysis and corrective actions using the 8D methodology, FMEA’s cause and effect diagrams, process capability studies, Design of Experiments and other analytical tools as required.
- Participate in Material Review Board activities to control nonconforming material, direct containment activities, provide timely material dispositions and implement effective root cause corrective actions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicants' race, color, religion, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years of manufacturing or quality experience with a working knowledge of blueprint reading, mechanical inspection methods, international quality standards, customer standards and AS 9102 First Articles
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside with the immediate geographical area of Glenolden, PA (50 miles) will be considered. Active duty Military personnel are exempt from geographic restrictions.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, permanent resident (I.e. 'green Card Holder'), Political Asylee or refugee.
- This position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain Management required from an accredited institution.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No