If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, Maharashtra.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of an Electrical Sector with a primary responsibility to design “structural products” to meet customer specific technical requirements by satisfying cost and timeline requirement for Electrical applications.
Applicant shall have experience in design, development and validation of structural components and sub-systems made from sheet metal. Applicant must be proficient with performing analytical design calculations, good understanding of GD&T, complex tolerance stack-up analysis and understanding of manufacturing methods like sheet metal forming, casting, forging. Candidate should be able to participate in defining engineering requirements by understanding customer needs and requirement. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, and supply chain.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Lead/mentor multiple projects/programs/teams related to new product development (NPD), value analysis and value engineering (VAVE) and sustaining engineering (SE) through the execution of programs/projects in a timely manner, supporting the business goals and Profit Plan objectives.
- Executes complex engineering projects/ programs, involving product
design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies or
research investigations using appropriate tools and
techniques such as DFSS, DFR, DFM, DMAIC, DFMEA, Hand calculations etc.
- Preparation and maintenance of Project Plans and ensure project execution per project plan.
- Create CAD drawings- detailing, 3D models, Assemblies etc. and ensure release in PLM / ERP system per project plan.
- Create Intellectual Property documents (IPs) around new product design concepts / ideas and drive innovation from ideation through to execution, in doing so, add value to the product and improve or maintain current functionality, performance, installation time, customer satisfaction levels and durability requirements.
- Actively participate and / or conduct events like solution blitz, design bursts, Innovation summit, product brainstorming etc. and drive the solution to implementation.
- Work cross-functionally with other functions at global level. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm, communication, articulation and presentation skills and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
- Resolve technical issues and road blocks impacting assigned projects by taking quick and timely decisions which are well supported by design calculations, engineering analysis and prediction methodology.
- Creates and sustains processes for design standards and procedures
governing product design
methods, documents and data control for Electrical business.
- Actively participate and / or conduct project / program / Design / Drawing reviews and technical reviews and ensure the quality design output for all the projects in the team.
- Guide/ Mentor the team on technical issue, queries, problems etc. and ensure quality design output from all the team members.
Experience: 6-10 years with BE Mechanical / 3-6 years with master’s in design or equivalent
- Required: Bachelors/master’s in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Demonstrated capability in design of Sheet metal in Electrical product domain.
- Candidates with sound knowledge of Proe / Creo & SolidWorks CAD software and ENOVIA/SAP PLM will be preferred.
- Should be strong in fundamental mechanical design / technical knowledge with excellent Communication, presentation and articulation skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only