Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Technical Development Program Participant to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Technical Development Program position is for individuals with degrees or pursuing degrees in electrical, mechanical, industrial, or industrial & systems engineering. The objective of the program is to develop incumbents through practical and hands on experiences in functions like engineering, marketing, customer support and operations, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership competencies through training, networking, and coaching. Each 12-18 month assignment will help participants develop a wide range of leadership and functional competencies within the respective fields. Upon completion of the program, employees will be ready to embark in career opportunities in engineering/product development, operations, lean manufacturing, marketing, quality, and customer service. All rotations will be geographically based in Highland and/or Troy, Illinois, but may interact with other Eaton B-Line facilities.
Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Technical Development Program!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will...
**Incumbents will rotate between 3 out of the 4 assignments
Value Added / Value Engineering:
- Identify and execute cost out projects to drive Value Added Value Engineering (VAVE)
- Maintain and upgrade existing products
- Assist with 3rd party certifications
- Develop and test prototypes for new product ideas
- Create product specifications
- Partner with quality assurance to establish product quality standards consistent with the needs of the market
- Create and maintain project development plans
- Create and execute Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
Manufacturing Engineering/Continuous Improvement/Quality Engineer:
- Support plant performance in the areas of safety, quality, on-time delivery, and profitability
- Optimize plant layout, process flow, machine capability, and equipment reliability
- Provide technical support and equipment troubleshooting assistance
- Identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives
- Develop pricing strategy & establish levels for core products & markets
- Support new product development & VAVE projects in the Pro-Launch Process
- Complete product & market competitive benchmarking & analysis
- Support marketing communications with data compilation & analysis
- Communicate with customers to accurately respond to technical requests and provide product solutions
- Coordinate with other depts. for custom product solutions
- Advise customers on use and application of products
- Provide BOM and quotations for project opportunities
- Develop and maintain quotation tools for non-standard solutions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university OR currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Engineering from an accredited institution with a graduation date of no later than August 2019
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 or more years working for a product manufacturer; or prior internship in the manufacturing industry
- Industry experience in electrical, mechanical, fire protection, or communications & data building products
- Knowledge of SAP and Business Explorer
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting
- Time management and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, etc.)
- Possess a customer focus mindset
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the business (i.e. shop floor to senior leadership)
- Learning agile
- Adaptable to change
- Highly motivated/ambitious
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time