To assess and control the supplier base to Eaton Aerospace Limited in accordance with business, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the supply base using Supplier Quality Assessment techniques – audit, questionnaire, metrices, etc.
- Approve Suppliers by conducting “desktop” and/or on-site audits of the suppliers Quality Management System.
- Ensure that Regulatory, Customer and Business requirements are flowed to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Develop and deliver training programs (internal & external).
- Participate in resolving issues with suppliers and sub-contractors relating to manufacture, quality, handling and communications.
- Authorise concessions in line with Company & Customer requirements
- Update Supplier Metrics.
- Maintain and update supplier or sub-contractor specifications and standards
- Maintain Supplier SPC records.
- Maintain Supplier records/approvals on ERP system.
- Provide external and internal Auditing with authority to accept or reject proposed suppliers.
- Manage return to vendor / material review board for supplier issues
- Manage supplier rejects and support with 8D investigations
- Evaluate ship to stock process and adjust where appropriate
- Maintain supplier metric
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment, with a sound working knowledge of aerospace regulatory and quality requirements EASA Part 21 and AS/EN9100.
- Practical experience of auditing Suppliers within the Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical engineering industry.
- Proven ability to supervise corrective actions and improvement activities with Suppliers.
- Supplier evaluation and development experience, preferably in a lead role.
- Sound practical experience with Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn the use of new business software.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and to organise and work closely with others.
- Shall have tack and capacity to meet with Senior Management with understanding of the varying conventions applied.
- Qualified Auditor
- Degree/BTEC/HND in engineering related discipline – experience may be taken in lieu of qualification
- Experience of problem solving IE A3 / 8D
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No