Supplier Development Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Supplier Development Engineer, you will be responsible for supplier quality systems, manufacturing capability assessment, Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP), and on-going performance improvement of suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, continuous improvement, and operational alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants and SCM organization for the Filtration business in EMEA region.
You will work with EMEA Filtration plants on supplier performance tracking and reporting. In addition, this role will perform some sourcing tasks including cost negotiations and leading sourcing projects.
Your key deliverables:
• Perform supplier capability assessments and supplier site assessments as related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean maturity. Publish audit report outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, and work closely with suppliers to plan / implement appropriate and timely corrective actions.
• Actively support supply chain cost-out projects in leading Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering for on-time PPAP submission approval.
• Educate suppliers about Eaton supplier performance expectations per Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual (SEM). Train suppliers for the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques such as 8D problem solving, Process Capability Study, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, SPC and Continuous Improvement in terms of material flow.
• Lead internal 8D problem solving team related to defective purchase components. Work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis and timely interim and permanent corrective actions implementation.
• Lead supplier negotiations and sourcing projects for assigned commodities.
• Monitor and communicate supplier performance to all key suppliers.
• Lead in publishing & communicating progress against SCM goals and facilitate improvements.
• Work as liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, Material Management, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements.
• Bachelors Mechanical or Industrial or other similar engineering fields. Master of Science is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development
• Minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing
• Fluent written and verbal English and German language skills
• Thorough knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices; ISO/TS 16949, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, SPC, 8Ds, 5WHY, Lean Manufacturing Tools & Techniques
• Five years’ experience in Supplier Development
• Five years’ experience in Project Management
• Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is preferred
• Auditor certificate is a plus
• Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black-Belt
• Knowledge & experience with different metals commodities
• Work experience with multi-cultural global supplier base
• Through knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes: Turning and Machining, Sand Castings, Investment Castings, Forgings and Electrical Products
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time