Eaton’s vehicle group is looking for a 2nd Shift Quality Technician to join our team! This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
This position’s primary function is to ensure compliance with all quality standards of finished and unfinished parts and ensure proper dimensioning of gauges for production. Perform metallurgical checks on raw and finished materials. Serve as point of contact for quality issues. Assist in various quality functions in the plant i.e. manufacturing areas, tool inspection, containment of non-conforming parts, receiving inspection and layouts. Performs quality audits and other quality related duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Serve as quality line inspector for finished and unfinished parts.
- Perform layout activities to resolve problems, support PPAP, and to support ongoing production requirements; i.e. layout of cutting tools, fixtures and special parts for stores, maintain accurate records.
- Correctly set, utilize and read all gauging necessary to support the Hastings facility.
- Assist in maintaining the gauge calibration system by performing calibrations, maintaining, accurate calibration records, trouble shoot and repair gauges when appropriate.
- Assist in performing and maintaining receiving inspections and records as needed to support ongoing production.
- Cut, mount, polish, and evaluate metallurgical samples to print specifications.
- Perform metallurgical checks on incoming material and support production/engineering on trouble-shooting efforts which pertain to the metallurgical lab.
- Maintain appropriate quality records which include, but are not limited to, metallurgical certifications and heat treat inspection records.
- Work directly with other Quality Personnel, Line Personnel, Maintenance, and Leadership Team members to problem solve and correct production-related issues.
- Help support Lead Technicians and Quality Engineers on their job functions as needed. This includes, but not limited to cross training in the areas of receiving inspection, PPAP layouts, gage calibrations, CMM programming and use.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Hastings, NE will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1+ year experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Applications
- Proficiency in blue print reading and in geometric dimensioning.
- Experience with blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine proper dimensions and gauges to use is preferred.
- Experience with various measuring instrumentation such as calipers and micrometers to gauge parts
- Demonstrated ability to work with little supervision, and function in a team-oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience with gauge calibration and maintenance.
- Ability to visually identify defective parts with appropriate gauging.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No