Eaton’s Electrical Products Group, BLine Sector is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, Nevada location.
The Buyer is responsible for managing the buying and planning of materials supporting the BLine. In this role you will be involved in extensive relationship management with assigned vendors and manufacturers in addition to internal operations, customer service, engineering, and new product program management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Review and process MRP for assigned commodities.
- Manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining the lowest possible inventory levels, along with ensuring customer service reliability and meeting target inventory turns.
- Maintain vendor relationships; liaison between supplies and internal customers to ensure prompt customer service; communicate cost effective supply chain alternatives.
- Influence and support search for best source vendors, judging new sources on quality, delivery, service and price and negotiate favorable terms and conditions.
- Implement cost savings initiatives and support corporate goals of net deflation in assigned commodities.
- Support and execute continuous process improvements of supply chain activities.
- Validate and reconcile supplier invoices.
- Utilize strong interpersonal & communication skills to collaborate effectively, build team consensus and influence others.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or related field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing buying functions.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV to be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- 5 + years of experience performing buying functions in a manufacturing environment.
- 1 + years of lean six sigma experience.
- APICS certification.
- ISM certification.
- Experience in MRP Planning.
- Experience using SAP.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No