Eaton’s Power System division is currently seeking a Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Responsible for the quality in project and align customer requirements in the site.
- Manage and ensure quality of supplier’s deliverables in non-critical (medium and low risk) sourcing changes.
- Manage up-front expectations and requirements for supplier’s PPAP planning and readiness. Review and approve supplier PPAP submissions.
- Assure compliance of the customer milestones
- Detect risks and Prevent problems in all period of the project, react when a risk is identified, Escalate roadblocks to PE / OPEX Manager
- Update or generate the quality documents following a product / process related change.
- Owner for activities defined for Internal and External Supplier parts on Eaton sites, to support Purchasing and SQA team, as defined in the Quality RASIC matrix
- Collect suppliers encountered issues and alternative proposals made by the suppliers to integrate Best Practices
- Define Prototype, pre-serial and serial control plan as owner of this milestones
- Participate to the pre-FDPR and FDPR
- Prepare IS Internal & Customer deliverables, internal Initial Sample file to be validated by the Site Quality Manager prior presenting the Initial Sample file to the Customer for sign off.
- Manage Eaton and supplier systems utilization and Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual guidance within the organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor's Degree: in Engineering fields
- 2 - 3 years as Quality Engineer (Production, Warranty) development in SQA is preferred.
- Experience in project quality management or supplier quality.
- PROLaunch knowledge (APQP)
- Core Tools knowledge, (PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA)
- Project quality focus management
- English communication skills
- Results oriented and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Develop and implement positive employee relations (Eaton Philosophy) to encourage employee involvement and to create an environment in which employees see no need for third party intervention.
- Team player with initiative
- Ability to work & lead in a highly ambiguity environment
- Participate actively in Eaton’s initiatives such as community, communication, diversity and wellness.
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- PMP, Project Management Professional
- Analytical/Statistical Tools & Methods
- ELSS Tools & Leadership
- Manufacturing and business Processes
- World class manufacturing concepts
- Cost Deployment
- Inspection & Testing
- Product / Process Quality Planning
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No