Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Project Leader ENG (Project Management) to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility.
This position is responsible for management of medium complexity projects for Eaton RWDD Programs. The Program Manager manages the project planning, execution, requirements changes, risk mitigation, and issue tracking. This will include the use of the PROLaunch process, Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA's), Multi-Generational Product Planning (MGPP), SIOP input, and industrialization. In addition this position will assist engineering in product transitioning.
1. Accountability for project scope and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
2. Establishes objectives, goals, and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer needs, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
3. Ensures the PROLaunch team creates and maintains the Activity Matrix deliverables and leads the Program team during phases and Gate Review events
4. Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
5. Works in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the PROLaunch processes.
6. Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved through team meetings.
7. Financial acumen to complete required capital appropriation request for the assigned programs.
8. Communicates timely project status to internal leaders.
9. Understands project impact to the business and identifies impact of project changes on the portfolio.
10. Completes other duties as assigned.
11. Drives the implementation of company standard tools to improve Program Management performance at the site. Such as ProPM and IBP
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Preferred Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in manufacturing, program management and leadership of project teams
- Bilingual with written and oral fluency in Spanish and English.
Preferred (Basic) Qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years of program leadership skills with the ability to manage both horizontally and vertically within a complex matrix organization
• A minimum of 5 years of experience and proved proficiency in Microsoft Project
• Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) - Prefered
• Fully demonstrating and proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time