Eaton’s Electrical Products Group, BLine Sector is currently seeking a Shipping & Receiving Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Reno, Nevada location.
The Shipping & Receiving Supervisor responsible for leading the achievement of daily shipping targets by identifying pull ahead opportunities and execution while utilizing lean six sigma methodologies to reduce shipping costs, inventory and lead times.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be responsible for department High Five metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Inventory).
- Utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce shipping costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Track and address all customer service misses daily while working within the formal quality management system to establish root cause and develop corrective actions.
- As it relates to daily customer service, track misses, identify root causes and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor and maintain SAP data integrity for proper issuance of material for all shipments, track accuracy: receiving, put-away, picking, packing, loading and shipping.
- Coordinate interplant transfers and customer shipments with other Eaton facilities and consignment warehouses.
- Coordinate with various cross-functional team members to resolve issues affecting on time shipping performance. This includes rapid responses to customer requests.
- Enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Responsible for achieving department productivity metrics (i.e., lines per hour).
- Create a basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work processes are developed and followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- Lead annual physical inventory of distribution warehouse.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in manufacturing or supply chain or distribution environment.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV to be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, or related field of study.
- 3 + years of supervisory and leadership experience in a manufacturing or supply chain or distribution environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience using SAP.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No