Eaton is seeking an Engineering Technician for its Panelboard / Switchboard Satellite Operation. The Engineering Technician will be located in Aurora, CO.
The Engineering Technician executes administrative, engineering/technical, supply chain & sales functions in support of the goals established for the Satellite’s manufacture of high quality distribution and control products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
Prepare drawings /Manufacturing Instructions & schedule jobs for shop personnel to assemble Satellite products, which include Panelboards, Enclosed Breakers, Connector Kits, and Switchboards.
Provide technical support for customers and plant personnel.
Prepare Manufacturing Orders and edit as required to maintain inventory accuracy.
Manage the plant’s Continuous Improvement initiatives; provide solutions and improvements to streamline plant production activities.
Manage Customer Quality (CQM), Defective Material Returns (DMRs), and warranty issues with respect to troubleshooting and engineering of products shipped.
Assist with specific scheduling for Satellite products; ensure these items are manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels.
Perform purchasing of parts in support of Manufacturing Orders; examine open purchase orders daily and proactively resolve all issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule.
Manage engineering directives from product line engineering and ensure implementation.
Prepare schematics and wiring diagrams for products using AutoCAD and upload as required using POM.
Maintain awareness of Eaton technical product developments through training or other means.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) from an accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided for this position. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the Aurora, CO location. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Supply Chain Systems (AS400 / MAPICS)
- Associates Degree in engineering technology or engineering field.
- 1-2 years of experience in engineering / configuring electrical equipment
- 1-2 years of experience in supply chain management / inventory control
- Strong product knowledge of Panelboards/Switchboards
- Strong LEAN Manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of Eaton applications (Bid Manager, POM, AS400, Mapics)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No