Product Manager - Low Voltage Circuit Protection Devices - 073308
Location: Vienna/Schrems, Austria
As Product Manager Low Voltage Circuit Protection Devices you are responsible for managing relevant products throughout the entire product life cycle and for all product relevant issues (costs, footprint, price positioning and overall product life cycle).
You will define and execute the targets of profit plan and growth initiatives. Furthermore, you are responsible for end to end profitability of relevant product basket with special focus on product cost and for acting as the technical product expert for the product basket of AFDD, RCBO, SPD and relevant accessories.
Your key responsibilities:
- Drive the development of the product strategy
- Understand and identify customer needs and competitive environment as well as market trends of products and applications
- Define competitive product costs & price positioning
- Define the product roadmap and drive product development for new products, upgrades and transitions
- Manage communication about commercial, product, application and market aspects to key stakeholders
- Define, select appropriate market segments for your products (e.g. mOEM, Residential & Light Commercial, Low Voltage Assemblies, Renewable Energy Solutions, etc.) in alignment with the market development teams
- Assure the compliance of relevant products with standards, norms and Intellectual Property policies and approve final documentation
- Technical high school degree or University/University of applied sciences (FH) degree in electrical engineering or similar technical education
- Minimum 3 years of product management and technical customer experience, ideally in the power distribution field
- Fluent speaking and writing in English, German is an asset
- Proactive personality with excellent communication skills and high customer orientation
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Depending on the qualification, we offer a compensation according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement of the electrical and electronics industry in the respective employment group taking into account the years of service in the respective employment group, willingness to overpay depending on the relevant professional experience and qualification.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time