Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division has an opening for a 3rd Shift Production Supervisor. This position will be located at our Amarillo, Texas facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and Zero Incident culture enforcement.
- Act as a business partner by planning, initiating, leading, measuring, monitoring and assessing continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem solving tools such as Standard Work and 5S.
- Engage workforce and promote personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, foster innovation and continuously learn by providing ongoing feedback on employee performance with formal evaluation provided at least annually.
- Actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives and develops and maintains performance metrics as required to monitor results and uses those results as a tool to identify and initiate process improvements within own work area.
- Develop employees and contingent workers on the operation of equipment in the department, machine practices and inspection procedures.
- Keep production costs to a minimum while producing quality products with minimal scrap.
- Continually review and revise production procedures to improve department.
- Establish and maintain acceptable work practices among employees.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment and implement good housekeeping standards for a clean department.
- Coordinate and monitor production schedules to meet customer ship dates.
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, promotion, motivating, and counseling of employees.
- Work closely with internal and/or external suppliers/customers to ensure acceptable quality and delivery performance.
- Maintain effective communication with other supervisors to ensure efficient and flexible operations.
- Monitor quality of work-in-process and ensure adherence to Eaton’s Quality Policy and procedures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Amarillo will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria :
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate positive and constructive feedback to employees, peers, and management
- Understanding of production scheduling and product flow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Technical knowledge in the area of machinery, tools, gauging and metal fabrication
- Knowledge of EEO, OSHA, and other federal state laws
- Experience with SAP
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No