Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Punch Press) to join our team. This position is based at our Coamo facility.
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for Identify and implement strategies to improve productivity and quality of product lines under assigned responsibilities. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems and perform excellent analysis.
In this role, you will:
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Complies with the established procedures related to safety, quality, warranty, services, etc.
- Processes and implements Engineering Changes.
- Develops and implements gauges and fixtures to assure quality of products.
- Interfaces with Design/Manufacturing Engineer to solve situations with non-conforming self-manufactured parts for the products of responsibility (Stamping).
- Implements techniques to assure the quality and low non-conformities rates of the products in the areas of responsibilities.
- Implements new projects and generate capital appropriations as required.
- Trains personnel as required.
- Identify opportunities and implement projects for cost-out Program.
- Uses control and improvement techniques such as DOE (Taguchi), 8D Analysis, Pareto Diagrams, etc., to assure good quality and low non-conforming rates of self-manufactured parts. Identifies through process capability analysis, or any other sources, machinery not capable to meet expectations.
- Assures the company policies are met based on Eaton’s Philosophy and Code of Ethics.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product, and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Interfaces with Materials Department personnel to solve situations with non-conforming bought outside parts for products of responsibility.
- Interfaces with Project Engineers in the implementation of new projects and technology.
- Interfaces with Tool Room Supervisor and Tool Engineer to identify tools that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Identify opportunities to improve area productivity and implement them using Continues Improvement Framework and Lean tools.
- Look for new technology and process innovation for process improvement.
- Responsible to identify and improve overall Safety Hazard and connect eaton rules.
- Create and update JSA and TPM for the area.
Minimum Education: Engineering Bachelor’s Degree.
Minimum Experience: 3 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
Product Knowledge Project Management
Manufacturing Process Communication Skills
Process Improvement Techniques Organizational Skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time