Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Beaver, PA facility.
a well streamlined Supply Chain is an integral part of sustaining a
successful product based business. A large portion of this backend success
comes from efficient tactical Buyers working closely with Operations and
Planning to eliminate material related bottlenecks. A successful buyer will
help mitigate production shortages, manage inventory levels, and ultimately
play a pivotal role in our strive to meet OTD dates. The Buyer owns metrics
pertaining to receipt of raw materials such as: on time to stock, requisition
to PO conversion rate, adhering to the AVL, quality requirements and inventory
and quality requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will:
- Balance current and future demand requirements with supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Prepare competitive bidding documentation and evaluates supplier quotations to select sources of supply utilizing commercially available sources to verify financial stability.
- Negotiate contractual terms regarding quantity, price, delivery, quality, freight routings, and other standard or special contract terms.
- Evaluate current and potential sources of supply to identify and prioritize areas requiring new sources of supply or performance improvement.
- Expedite supplier material, where required, to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements.
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable on billing and/or credit issues.
- Arrange for, or assist, in the disposal of surplus material.
- Coordinates the return, rework, or exchange of defective materials.
- Support cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives.
- Analyze data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal delivery of supplier materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, preferably in Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in supply chain or purchasing in a manufacturing setting.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position and only candidates in the immediate geographic region (50 mile radius) will be considered. Active duty military personnel are exempt from geographic restrictions.
- MS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations from an accredited institution.
- APICS CSCP or CPIM certification.
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules.
- Prior experience with Shop Floor inventory control or manufacturing operations optimization.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Strong desire to manage in complex environment(s); results driven.
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers/ suppliers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge, understanding and demonstrated use of SIOP principles (Oliver Wight preferred).
- Strong PC skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No