Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager will lead Switchboard (Base) Assembly processes and will be based at the Sumter, SC facility.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the primary function of the Operations Manager for the Switchboards (Base) Assembly function is to develop strategic direction and lead key manufacturing processes to ensure production objectives are met according to safety, quality and customer requirements. The Operations Manager supports the operation’s strategic plan by providing specific product designs into finished products that meet customer order requirements, product quality standards, and product delivery commitments. The Operations Manager also serves as the tactical liaison between the Plant Manager and production supervisors while leading others in achieving organizational goals.
- You will ensure production objectives are met within approved budget, schedules, and quality specifications.
- You will develop improvements in production methods, standards and procedures to ensure effective use of resources.
- You will deploy MESH initiatives to support a Zero Incident Culture
- You will foster a high-performing work team culture throughout the facility.
- You will implement Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) tools.
- You will develop and maintain a trained, quality-centered manufacturing workforce.
- You will facilitate regular production meetings to review order progress and to resolve outstanding order issues to meet on-time shipment commitments.
- You will review and evaluate performance, quality and cost improvement objectives
- You will implement changes and productivity improvements while sustaining positive employee relations and performance.
- You will foster a culture that promotes the Eaton Quality System and Eaton Leadership Model
- You will drive value stream approach throughout the switchboard operations
- You will own and manage the Tier Meeting Process and Structure to include the daily Tier 1 and 2 Meetings. You will use these meetings to address detractors to achieving key performance metrics.
About Sumter, South Carolina
Conveniently located 40 minutes east of the state capital, Columbia, Sumter is a city with convenient access to rich history, diverse industries and inspiring landscapes. The Eaton facility in Sumter, SC is the product line headquarters for Panelboards and Switchboards and is one of the top employers in the local community. The facility is home to more than 750 employees and is centrally located among every attraction one may desire in the Southeast, including Myrtle Beach, SC; Charleston, SC; Charlotte, NC; Asheville, NC, and Atlanta, GA.
Please visit http://www.sumterchamber.com/about/relocation.aspx for more information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years managing people in a manufacturing organization.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience supporting engineered-to-order products
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Eaton systems and tools, including: VISTA, Bid Manager, AS-400, SWIFT and DMM
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to resolve conflict, develop employees and facilitate corrective action while fostering an environment that supports Eaton values & philosophy.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time