If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer in Eaton’s industrial business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is a part of Aerospace group with the primary responsibility for design and certification of Aerospace hydraulic systems. The individual will be responsible for architecture design and studies, requirements development and flow-down, system integration, and certification compliance. The position will coordinate across the Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC) Hydraulic sites to support these projects.
- Lead and execute Hydraulics Power generation and power control projects as per Aerospace industry standards and prevailing engineering practices for Aerospace.
- Deploy and drive predictable execution leveraging Six sigma methodology for product development. Utilize DFSS methodology and tools such as PDSC, P-Diagram, DFMEA, Risk Management ,Statistical Tolerance Stack-up analysis & DVPR for new product development & existing product improvements
- Leverage engineering analytical tools and calculators .Build prediction models for the product performance parameters & optimize the performance.
- Understand critical interactions between Mechanical and Electrical components (Hydraulic control products , Hydraulic manifolds, reservoirs, Valves, filter module, solenoid valve …etc.)
- Ensure right quality and on time delivery of drawings & engineering documents thru ENOVIA.
- Supports prototypes development and test the solutions to meet/exceed customer requirements and support product development till commercialization.
- Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments
- Perform quality checks to ensure design meets Eaton and customer standards / requirements
- Maintain and update current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies
- Be an active professional in continuous learning resulting enhancement in organizational objectives
- Contribute to Product Technology Roadmaps & come up with innovative product concepts/ideas to introduce technical differentiators / value proposition and protect IP through patents/trade secrets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 6+ years of system, product design, development, and/or production design problem resolution experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience on Aerospace hydraulic systems and/or electrical actuation systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills working with a cross-functional team.
- Strong communication and collaboration with internal and external customers.
- High level of creativity and strategic thinking
- Experience with the following:
- Requirements development including product flow-down and traceability
- System architecture design and analysis
- Project engineering
- Control system design
- System integration and verification
- Requirements compliance
- Certification compliance – SAE ARP 4754A
- Product design and certification aligned with hydraulic and/or electrical actuation components
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- 4+ years of technical leadership in aerospace hydraulic systems
- Design for Six Sigma or Six-Sigma (DMAIC) Greenbelt
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time