Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Streetworks Central Regional Sales Manager to join our team.
The Streetworks Central Regional Sales Manager is responsible for:
The attainment of Division and Corporate goals of growth, profitability and market development of Eaton Lighting solution sales initiatives tied to the LED conversion market. This is achieved through coordinating and directing the regional efforts of the Company and agent Utility, DOT, and Municipal sales organizations while providing superior service to our customers.
- Develop and recommend an annual sales plan and regional forecast the for the Utility/DOT/Muni markets. Collect, compile and analyze pertinent information in order to establish realistic goals for the market consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability. Meet or exceed sales goals.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate and sell through to customers the positive impact of LED and connected lighting product solutions in all covered market segments.
- Promote and maintain successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers. Build relationships with Utilities, DOT, Municipalities, engineers, distribution partners and other key players within the Utility/DOT/Muni markets to create focus on LED products and technologies.
- Support collaboration with the Specifications, Energy Solutions, and National Accounts sales teams when LEDs are considered for projects. Collaborate with internal functions to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Keep current with legislative standards and regulations relating to energy-efficient products, tax and rebate incentives, etc. Support national and regional standards groups that are driving LED standards in the Utility/DOT/Muni market; the goal will be to develop these relationships and secure Eaton’s position within these standards.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 8 years’ sales-related experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the Central region geographic territory (MO, IN, OH, MI, KS, WI, IA, WI MN, ND, SD, NE or IL) will be considered.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Marketing, & Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years sales-related experience in the lighting products industry with exposure to LED product lines/technology (Utility/DOT/Muni experience desirable). Low voltage system sales and connected solutions experience.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills.
- Understand and demonstrate the ability to use CRM and MS Office applications such as Excel and PowerPoint to develop presentations/sales tools to assist in selling LED products
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals in prior positions
- Ability to work remotely from home and manage all sales roles responsibilities from a home office. Independent and organized.
- Experience using CRM and MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time