Eaton’s Industrial Vehicle sector is currently seeking a Territory Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Calgary, AB. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of the Territory Manager is to increase the market share of Eaton products at heavy duty and medium duty truck fleets and OEM dealers throughout the territory. This position will develop and implement business plans to achieve territory, region, and division sales objectives in an intensely competitive market in North America through managing the Western Canadian team objectives. The position includes three direct reports and territory sales and services responsibilities for southern Alberta.
- Manage and develop territory employees in Western Canada; conduct performance evaluations, coaching, and counseling with focus on personal and career growth
- Report sales cycle activities - wins and losses, target product metrics, sales probabilities, barriers to sales efforts, accounts at risk.
- Compose Monthly Territory Report to update organization on business status and significant market trends.
- Assess customer requirements and identify unique needs at targeted accounts.
- Design value propositions that drive year-over-year sales growth and focus on business sustainability
- Assist with the introduction of new products to ensure rapid product adoption rate
- Assure reliability, accuracy, and relevancy of data in Customer Relationship Management (CIS II) system and Roadranger Warranty System (C360) by inputting data as required.
- Support Region Manager in developing sales, service training and marketing strategies to ensure territory alignment to strategies and enhance business acumen
- Manage and monitor policy costs, operating budget, and promotional claims within the territory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working for a manufacturing or distribution company OR four (4) years in a vehicle/heavy equipment customer support role
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Five (5) years of heavy duty truck experience
- Technical sales and service background
- Experience working for an OEM
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong presentation skills
- Ability to deliver technical product information to a less technical audience
- Must possess a depth of people skills to be able to speak with a diverse client base
- Ability to travel up to 75%
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time