Eaton's Electrical Sector has an opening for a Senior Power Systems Engineer. The position will be based out of Franksville, WI. The position does offer relocation assistance.
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary control systems and technology engineering team. Analyze customer application needs and propose appropriate solutions
- Serve as a liaison between marketing and the embedded software engineering teams to translate customer requirements into engineering requirements as well as a power system protection subject matter expert.
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot issues and provide product training and develop logical application (Schemes) to fulfill established functional requirements in the areas of power system relaying, protection and monitoring.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers to propose solutions to meet specific customer needs.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacturing, and services regarding sales opportunities, system integration issues, product commissioning, customer issues, and equipment application issues.
- Facilitate cross functional team discussions to develop and implement project/product requirements.
- Research and recommend methods for implementing power systems metering, protection, and mechanism control algorithms
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering, Power Systems Analysis or a related field plus one (1) year of experience in power systems analysis, protection, coordination, relaying or a related discipline.
Experience must include:
One (1) year of experience involving (experience can be gained concurrently):
Conducting theoretical analysis of electric power distribution system operation and protection for power system controls, power system dynamics, application of electric power system protection philosophy, application of protective relaying concepts, or fault response coordination
Six (6) months of experience involving (experience can be gained concurrently):
Installation, commissioning, programming or testing of power system IEDs (Intelligent Electronic Devices)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time