Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, Ohio facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the execution and operations plans for area(s) of responsibility. You will drive continuous improvement to track, manage, deliver, and improve processes and results including but not limited to Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. This is a leader of people role responsible for supporting assigned team members to drive employee engagement and positive employee relations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Effectively manage the daily activities of all department employees. This includes performance management, coaching, development, support, and follow-up to all assigned team members to ensure effective leadership. You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Partner with support groups including EHS, Engineering, and Maintenance to ensure that adequate equipment is available and operated safely so as to adequately and efficiently conduct business.
- Implement and enforce all guidelines and practices employing effective leadership techniques and employee relation’s activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all people working at the facility.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement philosophies to achieve steady improvement in all metrics resulting improved delivery of the department high five scorecard and facility results. Conduct process checks within areas of responsibility and monitor performance Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholder including customers, suppliers, contractors and key intra-company individuals to effectively manage the operation. You will ensure your team members are effectively trained and provided the tools and resources to execute their job responsibilities adequately.
- Engage workforce and drive change by empowering business partners with decision making and involvement. Effectively administer the shift start up meetings in area(s) of responsibility. This includes training, communication, and engagement of assigned team members and effectively delivering the required content.
- Counsel and coach employee behavior as necessary utilizing the employee guidebook, peers, and the Human Resources team to ensure firm, fair, and consistent application of Eaton Guidelines, Ethics, Values, and Philosophies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in a supervisory role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience with lean, six sigma, and/or continuous improvement.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time