Join Eaton’s Information Technology IT team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Director IT - Enterprise Application Development to join our Enterprise Application, Development, Quality Assurance and Support Center of Excellence (ADQSCoE). No relocation is being offered for this position. We are seeking a candidate to be based in or near one of two key Eaton sites either Cleveland, Ohio or Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This same role will also be posted in Pune, India, however, no relocation or sponsorship to the US will be provided.
The Director IT - Enterprise Application Development will be responsible for managing a team of global software designers, analysts, and developers supplemented with supplier resources. This position requires engaging with and managing expectations of global leaders and customers through daily activities, weekly meetings, and regular progress reviews. This position will have significant leadership and interface responsibilities across business sectors within Eaton and with external suppliers.
This role will ensure that all development projects across the enterprise are delivered on time, on budget, and meeting or exceeding quality expectations, using waterfall and agile methodologies. This role is responsible for ensuring that Eaton IT’s standard work processes and methodologies are adhered to, including our software design and development processes and standards, project management standards, financial management processes, performance management processes, continuous improvement efforts, etc.
This role is responsible for working with his/her manager, peers, and team members to establish group level strategic plans, goals, scorecard enhancements, and new standards, processes, and guidelines to ensure continuous improvement.
This position is responsible for leading a team of over 200 technical employees, including leaders of people, and a flexible workforce greater than 150 contractors throughout the year. The ability to recognize and develop individual and leadership talent is a key component of the role.
Key Criteria for the Role:
- Provides daily leadership of a large global application design/development organization. Ensures quality of deliverables to reduce total cost of ownership to Eaton and provide the user community with an efficient and productive experience.
- Maintains strong relationships with global business leaders and clients. Engages clients and IT resources to drive ongoing operational efficiencies and process improvements. Consults with customers and business relationship managers to develop, define, and prioritize work assignments and work delivery. Acts as an escalation point for complex issue resolution.
- Builds global organizational capability to meet current and future needs by using relevant processes for forecasting demand, delivery estimations, flexible workforce arrangements with suppliers, employee talent acquisition, performance management, and organizational talent assessment/review. Leads the enterprise-wide team of technical analysts, developers, and solution designers in the delivery of all enterprise applications initiatives.
- Through active engagement and relationships with suppliers this role designs, deploys, and manages a global flexible work model that allows extra capacity in a timely manner without adversely affecting the quality of deliverables.
- Develops communication strategies and leads communications with senior executives, business relationship managers/project managers, suppliers, and key stakeholders globally. Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction through voice of the customer feedback.
- Provides on-call rotation to provide level-three support on a 24x7 basis to ensure continuous service to the end user community. This role has full support responsibility for several large ERP application areas in addition to development accountability.
- Ensures projects are completed on-time, on-budget, and the code delivered is of high quality.
- Evaluates and standardize common IT processes in application development. Ensures Eaton IT’s processes and methodologies are closely followed to reduce total cost of ownership. Defines, gathers, and reports operational and performance metrics to drive continuous improvement within the global application development team. Participates in benchmarking activities against industry standards to improve the activities of the IT department
- Establishes the necessary training and development plans to maintain a highly effective and competent staff. Counsels subordinates (including individual contributors and managers) in career path and skill development
- Works with various leaders to create a department strategic plan, including yearly updates. This includes preparing a SWOT analysis, environmental scan of new technologies/processes, customer evaluation/feedback, etc. as input to the strategic plan. Seeks and incorporates innovation into technologies and processes utilized to fulfill mission.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 15 years of IT or business experience
- Minimum of 10 years of people management experience
- Minimum of 7 years leading global teams
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for internal and external interactions
Solid understanding of development concepts and practices
Demonstrated excellent supplier management skills
Must have a passion for and demonstrated evidence of continuous improvement and innovation
Must have extremely high learning agility
Requires strong analytical, problem solving, and action-driven competencies
Demonstrated, polished customer service skills is a requirement
Rapid and unanticipated changes, which require constant re-prioritizing, are to be expected in this position. This may cause necessary working hours to fluctuate.
This position exposes the incumbent to proprietary and confidential business issues, which must be safeguarded.
- Master's degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time