Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group division is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for all activities related to Financial Accounting and Inventory activity within the Sumter Manufacturing Facility, including financial analysis and continuous improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage the Financial Accounting Systems and daily reporting requirements as determined.
- Perform accounting tasks for the particular activity, i.e., monthly closings and statement preparation, financial planning and budgeting, etc.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in alignment with GAAP, SOX and Corporate Financial Policies.
- Research, compile and analyze financial data; present summarized results and recommendations to management.
- Assist in resolving accounting problems related to the plant and assist on corporate requirements. Coordinate with the plant and Headquarters the procedures needed to meet new or improved systems and accounting changes.
- Assist in special projects oriented to meet business financial goals.
- Reconcile key accounts and support forecast requirements as assigned on a monthly basis.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures, including 5S requirements, and be responsible for reporting unsafe conditions to appropriate management or MESH representative.
- Drive consistent review of all processes and controls for improvements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we—as individuals and as a company—are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum one (1) year of accounting experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Manufacturing experience
- CMA/CPA Certification
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience in Oracle, Microsoft Office products, various query applications
- Proficiency in GAAP and Eaton financial policies
- Oracle, MAPICS, Vista and Encore experience.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to interpret accounting theories and apply practical judgment
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Perform analysis of existing department procedures and systems and the investigation of possible improvements, while adhering to generally accepted accounting principles
- Responsibilities may include fixed assets inventory, capital investment, cost out initiatives, cost of non-conformance
- Monitor Standard Cost System for unauthorized changes, structure maintenance, cost revisions and control, and system integrity
- Participate in projects owned by other departments within the plant
- Provide financial direction to non-financial team members on joint endeavors such as budgeting, cost studies, inventory, etc.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time