Lead Materials & Process Engineer
Eaton’s Fluid & Electrical division, a part of our Aerospace sector, is currently seeking a Lead Materials & Process Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
The Lead Material & Process Engineer is responsible for supporting of all new product development within the Fluid & Electrical division. In this role, you will apply technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts for all materials and processes, showing material and process compliance to industry and customer requirements, and providing support to manufacturing in building material process controls.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work directly on the manufacturing shop floor giving “hands on” support to manufacturing engineers and fabricators
- You will author material and process specifications for new materials. Revise and update existing material and process specifications
- You will provide production support in implementing Six Sigma process controls to establish high first time yield for new product introduction.
- You will provide Material Information and Usage List to show compliance to industry and customer requirements.
- You will defines engineering requirements to develop, select, or recommend parts, materials, processes, manufacturing technology, machines, devices, tools and automation used in the manufacture of products.
- You will conduct basic analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes.
- You will implement, promote, and maintain a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
Promotes the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working on material and process specifications in product development.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience within manufacturing.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with material and process specifications in a product development environment
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in Aerospace or manufacturing industries.
- Experience in thermoplastic, thermoset and rubber molding practices.
- Must have a good understanding of materials finishing processes that includes all types plating (Nickel, CAD, Gold, & Anodize etc.) and material coatings (Dry lube etc.)
- Knowledge of basic engineering design principles and the ability to read blue prints.
- Demonstrated lab skills to Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments and Six sigma analysis.
- Knowledge in forging, casting, extrusion, forming, machining, welding, NDI, heat treatment and related metal processing
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to work with factory mechanics, as well as other organizations such as Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, Industrial Engineering and Design Engineering
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time