Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Production Support Operator on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Lincoln Ave) WI facility.
The Production Support Operator is responsible for supporting the entire Lincoln Avenue production line by working where needed to provide increased productivity and capacity where it is most needed. The function will require direct labor work along with material handling.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist Painters by prepping units and operating the crane.
- Assist Final Assemblers with bolted cover assembly and leak testing.
- Determine from the Order Process Sheet what parts need to be kitted for Tanking and Final Assembly. This includes assembling kits, unloading/retrieving tanks and cabinets from vans and staging areas, and sinking core/coil assemblies in tanks.
- Operate all material handling equipment such as forklifts, overhead cranes, and the gantry. May also require a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) to operate the flatbed truck to transport finished product between the plant and the outside storage yard.
- Assist Welders by building covers, leak testing, retrieving tanks/radiators, and operating the crane.
- Set up coils and cores on stacking tables in Wound Core Stacking and coils in the Stacked Core area.
- Serve as a back-up to Material Attendants to help unload interplant trucks and deliver materials to the line.
- Assist the Repairperson in the disassembly and repair of transformers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring company sponsorship.
- This position does not offer relocation. Candidate must currently reside within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI region to be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No