Eaton is currently seeking a Bus Technician (Layout) in Switchboard Assembly to join our team. This position is based out of our Sumter, SC facility and requires a minimum 2 year commitment in order to support full project implementation.
In the Bus Technician role, you will design bus layouts and create 3D CAD models, CAD assembly and detail drawings that describe switchboard bus layouts in conformance with department drafting practices. You will create associated bills of material using current computer software programs. You will maintain and update assembly and detail drawings for existing products to ensure they conform to industry standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design the bus layout for non-standard switchboard sections.
- You will utilize the power flow, product standards, and prior layouts to develop the bus layout for sections that do not have standard bus assemblies.
- You will utilize tools including Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk ACAD, internal MRP systems, Enovia, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
- You will utilize knowledge of assembly and component design drawing methods and format component details to complete bus layout designs.
- You will participate on special projects as needed.
- You will demonstrate consistent adherence to quality standards by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- You will ensure all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process and will perform quality checks routinely.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from leaders and internal stakeholders in order to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.
- You will promote a zero incident safety culture by complying with all safety and industrial hygiene procedures and requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- You will perform root cause analyses as needed to identify and eliminate root causes of safety, quality, or productivity issues resulting from bus layout designs.
- You support Lean initiatives including 5S standards and continuous improvement processes aimed to improve safety, quality and productivity measures.
- You will work with cross-functional team members in order to effectively complete work assignments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Candidates must meet one of the following technical qualifications:
Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Drafting from an
- HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution and experience designing switchboard bus layouts.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Sumter, SC will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum two year commitment in order to support full project deployment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Able to direct and influence others without formal leadership authority.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
- Demonstrated comprehension of drafting standards and techniques and capability to visualize components, features and assemblies in a 3D space
- Must be proficient with commonly used CAD tools and Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Process oriented
- Mechanical design or power distribution equipment design
- Must be able to work somewhat independently and make decisions that positively impact the workgroup. Focus efforts on attaining assigned goals and objectives, which include meeting needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No