The Manufacturing Technician (Test) (MT6) reports to a Team Leader and to an overall Manufacturing Team Manager within the Valves Test Facility. The role is responsible for the testing of ball, butterfly, solenoid, non-return valves and Jet pumps using the medium of air/fuel/water/hydraulic fluid. The electrical testing of contents transmitters, float switches and level sensors using the medium of fuel and water. The role includes the maintenance and care of test rigs, test adaptors and equipment. This role will be for a late shift.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains a safe working environment and adopts a 5S approach to working.
- Drives and sustains attitude to continuous improvement as defined by Eaton standards.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times as defined by the Eaton standards.
- Must adhere to all Eaton EHS, Quality and training requirements.
- Able to understand and follow manufacturing drawings, specifications
- Able to understand, follow and carry out fuel, air and water test procedures.
- Able to complete test reports using handwritten forms and PC tools.
- Carry out basic preventative maintenance on test rigs.
- Performs successive visual inspection where necessary.
- Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities.
- Willing to learn and to train others.
- Can test parts from non-established manufacturing documentations but normally work to the correct procedures.- Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities
Previous experience in testing of aviation components is desired.
- Competent in basic use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and Email.
- Good level of English and Math’s.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Technical aerospace knowledge would be advantageous
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No