Job Title: Engineer - Electronics component design and BOM # 062028
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer - Electronics component design and BOM in Eaton’s eMobility business, based in Pune, India
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Most recently, we have established the Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) in Pune, which is an integral part of Eaton’s global engineering and technology footprint. Eaton’s multi-disciplinary engineering talent with experience in cutting-edge technologies and varied domains deliver innovative solutions that accelerate our organic growth through technological innovations. Through proven technical excellence, EIIC continues to augment Eaton’s leadership in improving existing products and services and developing new offerings. EIIC operates through its two state-of-the-art campuses located at Kharadi and Magarpatta City in Pune. EIIC is focused on augmenting Eaton’s vision of “improving the quality of life and environment through the use of power management technologies and services”
Your essential responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility of this role is to handle complete product life cycle from conceptual design to product launch in the field of electrical and electronic components and subsystems; data management (bill of material, version control, supplier management, etc.) in PLM software for product lines - DC/DC converters, On-board chargers, Power distribution Units and Power Inverters.
- The incumbent will be technical owner of the complete product BOM and will be responsible for tracking, managing and releasing BOM and engineering change management. The candidate must be self-motivated and possess good communication skills with cross functional team namely engineering, manufacturing, project management, and supply chain.
Maintain and update bill of materials (BoM) for for EV Power Electronics products
Drawing release and version management in Enovia
Respond to engineering change requests and orders
Review and maintain drawings and other artifacts as per Eaton standards
Maintain component and part libraries, check Obsolesces, RoHS- II and AEC Qualification for components
Master Inventory document for Should costing for products
Responsible for component and part rationalization to drive cost efficiency
Interact with suppliers and SCM to ensure seamless communication about the requirements
Interact with global design teams to ensure component rationalization
Assist physical inventory with Test Lab and Test bench to provide required Bill of Materials.
Run Pre-Production Check process & verify structure of all levels with indented inquiries
If you are:
- Minimum education for this position is a bachelor’s in electrical/ mechanical / automobile engineering with demonstrated experience in leading technical engineering organization.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with engineering organization including experience in organization leadership role.
- Good understanding and experience with usage of PLM software.
- Experience in design and development of electrical/ electronic components.
- Basic understanding of power electronics as well as mechanical components (busbars, connectors, housings etc).
- Basic understanding of design for manufacturing of mechanical components and tolerance stack-up.
- Primary knowledge Solid works and AutoCAD a strong plus.
- Basic understanding of GD&T is preferred.
- Experience in working with global team and vendors is preferred
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time