Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Technician on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for making pre-bent cable unit, MTB and control panel harnesses using pre-cable boards, control panels and hand crimp lugs if necessary. Cut, install and connect wire and/or cable in units where circuitry requires additional relays, timers, fuses, etc. Cut, form and connect control wire, power wire and cable, point to point on units, relay panels, control panels, and space heaters. Make solder connections. Modify standard assemblies or doors as received. May alter hole cutouts, etc. using hand or power tools. Mark wires, devices or terminals as required. Identify harness and/or panels with job and unit number. Apply component ID labels such as “Brady Markers” or “Dymo” labels if required. Identify work and maintain records as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Work from oral or written instructions from supervision and/or prints, inspection reports, manufacturing information sheets, and standard or near standard wiring diagrams
- Read shop orders and drawings to determine assembly procedures such as component types and configuration, mounting locations and clearances required
- Assemble and fit parts and components to form sub-assemblies, or completed assemblies.
- Install units, pan assemblies and cover up steel, meters, kirk keys, pull boxes, reactors, relays, fuses, MTB assemblies, panel boards, space heaters, transformers, etc. by mounting / bolting into place. Assemble and install bus work such as lug adapters, cross over bus, splices, etc.
- Make wiring changes as required. Make necessary mechanical repairs, replacements or changes. Use buzzer as required, to assure proper wiring connections.
- Use a floor operated overhead-crane and jib cranes. Move units, harnesses, device panels, etc. from one area to another.
- Determine the quality of work reporting problems to area supervisor or Quality Control personnel. Maintain piece count and associated records where applicable.
- Associate’s Degree in Business related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the Fayetteville, NC facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No