We are looking for a motivated professional with strong software development skills, a good understanding of software architecture, communication technologies with good team communication skills. The primary responsibility of the Senior Software Engineer will be developing PC/mobile configuration and control software applications on the Windows .Net platform. Success in this position requires the ability to work efficiently in multi-site teams, strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn new techniques and development processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
• Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle (Requirements, Design, Coding, Testing, and Release) following a structured engineering process to ensure quality and reliability
• Develop software solutions in a C# / .NET environment primarily using Microsoft Visual Studio
• Collaborate with external and internal customers, such as Product Management, Field Service, Operations and other Engineering teams during the product development life cycle
• Develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans
• Ensure the product specifications are complete, accurate and achievable
• Estimate work load, establish and maintain project schedules and monitor progress through the project execution phases
• Ability to drive a software design with a team of engineers both locally and remote
• Contribute to team’s technical growth by engaging in technical discussion and mentoring
• Search for technologies which would improve product performance, reduce development time or reduce cost
• Active communication with the cross functional team to ensure schedule, cost and performance alignment
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (electrical, software, computer science engineering or computer science) from an accredited institution.
8-12 years’ experience in Software Applications development
Minimum of 5-6 years of experience developing C# .NET based applications.
Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation, XAML, and Workflow.
Experience with full life cycle software development using standard software processes
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
Experience in Agile design methodologies
Experience with relational databases
Experience developing solutions utilizing standards based protocols
Experience leading a team through the architecture, design, and test phase of the product development lifecycle
Understanding of concurrency patterns in C#
Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
Understanding of designing and writing scalable applications
Knowledge of PC communications such as IP, serial, USB, or Bluetooth
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working knowledge of application and database integration methods and technologies
Proficient understanding of software configuration and change management processes and tools (SVN, Git, Jira, etc.)
Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
Knowledge of the DNP3 protocol
Dedication to improving engineering design and development processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only