Eaton South Molton
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Assembly and Manufacturing Supervisor
The position is responsible for overseeing all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable products to meet customer expectations within a defined production area.
The role will report to the Production Manager. The post holder monitors and manages hourly personnel in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load.
The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Your key deliverables:
- Champion a culture change through the framework of High Performance Work Teams (HPWTs). Drive communication and performance though tier 1 meetings with immediate team and tier 2 meeting with other Production Supervisors and Manager.
- Drive continuous improvement and application through the use of EBS, CIF and best practices.
- Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities for key processes. Undertake 90-day kaizen plan work with the Production Manager with active participation of team members.
- Achieve key metrics including TRCR, Productive Utilization, On-Time Delivery, First Pass Yield and DPPM.
- Champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Assure quality compliance of all team members and processes within your work group. Deliver Feedback to operators on scrap.
- Review of order book and plan to meet forecast and SIOP demand.
- Evaluate and manage manning levels, shift patterns and planning overtime.
- Performance Management of all team members. Deliver effective goals setting, APEX Mfg. reviews and development actions for all team members. Train and coach team members.
- Succession planning within the team and cross training / up skilling of all team members.
- Drive vision and strategy amongst team members
- Lead by example – be a positive role model
- Actively engage and recognize employees
- Hour by Hour Absorption walks, Hourly Gemba walks (to monitor and address safety, quality, 5S, standard work and TPM). Timely close out of all issues that are identified.
- Enable success and empowerment of employees by provision of resources, removal of barriers, driving decision making down through the team.
- Timely and effective resolutions of employee relations issues / conflict management. Undertaking disciplinary and grievance investigations and hearings as required.
- Managing attendance of team members and completion of Return to Work interviews. Including planning and managing of holiday for team members to meet production demands.
- Support all recruitment activities impacting team.
- Drive regular and effective flow of information across all team
Ideally the successful candidate will have Lean manufacturing knowledge
They will have Operational Excellence skills in 6S
Value Stream mapping experience
We are looking for an experienced supervisor with a minimum of three years supervisory experience
You will have experence of working as a supervisor for a team that has 30 plus in it
We are looking for a manager with strong mentor experience
Ideally you will be degree qualified but this is not essential
The candidate does not need to be aerospace but working within a similar manufacturing industry
3-5 years Manufacturing experience
If yes, then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Contract in fast growing global company
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time