Communications and Project Specialist, eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Communications and Project Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Tualatin, OR or Southfield, MI facility.
The Communications and Project Specialist is responsible for collaborating with global leadership to effectively communicate business updates, stories and initiatives with eMobility’s global employee population. In this role you will partner with corporate branding on external talent marketing and develop and execute on eMobility’s sustainability objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop, optimize and execute division communications strategies and annual plan
- Manage and coordinate division website and content
- Create communications material, including personal announcements, newsletters, and feedback surveys
- Define division sustainability and community outreach strategy and establish associated long-term goals
- Partner with global sites to develop and execute on established sustainability and community goals
- Lead and/or participate in global engagement teams on communications tactics
- Own the division SharePoint site, including content creation, design and functionality
- Partner with Marketing and Corporate branding on talent relevant communications strategies
- Create programs and ideas that will maximize transparent communication and information sharing, innovation and learning, and employee involvement in the division’s objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience years of relevant experience in sustainability, outreach, marketing or communications
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within the Northeastern United States or Midwestern Unites States to be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience creating communications materials, including website content, newsletters, blogs
- Experience creating branding or marketing material
- Experience leading internal communications that facilities engagement and motivation
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with sustainability, community outreach or environmental causes/projects
- Excellent communications skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to think globally
- Ability to market material and communications strategy towards variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate across functions, sites and time zones.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time