Eaton’s Industrial Sector is currently seeking a Communications Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Southfield or Galesburg, MI facility.
The Communications Manager is responsible for leading the strategic planning, development, deployment, and measurement of internal communication activities across the business units, functions and regions for the Vehicle Group (VG) in support of the Eaton brand.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Understand strategic priorities and develop communication tools and platforms that enable the organization to meet goals, including: VG Strategic Plan, regional leadership goals, functional (quality, safety, business unit), and cultural (vision, Culture Starts with Me!, leadership attributes, sustainability).
- Establish tools and processes for two-way communication with stakeholders.
- Develop and distribute external content targeting current and future employees to improve Eaton positioning as a thought leader and support our values and leadership attributes.
- Manage messages conveyed at internal communication events, including: Annual VG Worldwide Leadership Conference, Board of Directors visits, Extended Leadership Conferences, and North America Sales meeting.
- Create a cadence of communication events and monitor results.
- Plan and develop presentations to support the quarterly Extended Leadership Conferences. Support leadership with presentations, videos and written communications.
- Leverage corporate brand standards and cultivate a process to drive consistent messaging and imagery throughout the world.
- Establish best practices by understanding how to effectively reach employees at all levels by benchmarking regions, functions and groups outside of VG to consistently improve the efficiency and effectiveness of VG communications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism/business or other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a communications professional. This must include responsibilities in internal and external communications working in a corporation or via a combination of agency and corporate experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Southfield or Galesburg, MI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s degree in communications/journalism/business or other relevant field from an accredited institution
- Accreditation in Public Relations or a similar accreditation.
- Strategic communications planning skills
- Proven events management
- Knowledge of new communications technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of graphic design and production
- Knowledge of communications theory and practice
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time