Eaton in Shawnee, OK is seeking a full-time Engineering Technician to work in the Heat Treat Department. This individual will be working a first shift.
Perform technical & engineering-related activities necessary to economically manufacture and assemble components, including heat treatment, selecting methods, tooling, gaging and equipment to produce components specified by Marketing and Product Engineering.
In this function you will:
- Establish processes including programming of furnaces, requesting and approving tooling and equipment and originating operation instruction sheets in order to produce the product in a safe and economical manner.
- Under the direction of an Engineer, procure specialized tools, fixtures and gauges by evaluating design concepts, initiate tool orders and justify expenditures. Support tooling, setup, and related production requirements.
- Provide technical direction and support for initiating and maintaining production capability of assigned components.
- Participate as an evaluator in support of the Cell Certification program. Provide manufacturing support documentation necessary for each operation.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technology through professional societies, periodicals and vendor contacts.
- Analyze the impact on manufacturing of vendor evaluations and participate in vendor selection decisions.
- Understand and drive the implementation of all appropriate elements of the Eaton Lean System.
- Constantly seek identifiable and measurable cost reductions through scrap analysis, technology applications, design modifications and improved labor utilization. Prepare cost estimates and justifications as necessary.
- Recommend Discrepant Material Report disposition and rework procedures.
- Provide assistance and support to production supervisors for employee on the job training needs.
- Provide necessary interdepartmental communication between Engineering, Production, Production Control and others to accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as necessary.
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering and/or minimum of 3 years professional heat treatment experience
- Familiar with CNC Machining operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to address programming issues.
- Ability to address tooling, gaging, and operating instruction issues.
- Familiarity in Fanuc, Okuma, Kapp D200/300, Elb, and Mazitrol programming.
- Ability to backup, retrieve/store programs and parameters from/to all CNC machines using DNC.
- Ability to address hydraulic motor test stand issues
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Tool implementation such as standard work, setup reduction, and 5-S+.
- Assist engineering team in Six Sigma, cost out, capital, and DPPM reduction projects.
- Assist engineering team to migrate operating instructions to Windows 7 compatible CAD software.
- Demonstrated solid verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated good familiarity with PC software such as MS-Office suite.
- Good recent performance appraisal in all aspects of performance (within most recent year).
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvement initiatives to effective implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in activities such as problem solving, 8D analyses, brainstorming sessions, etc.
- Demonstrated Self-Starter with multitasking abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interface well and communicate effectively with others.
- Occasional need for overnight travel (typically less than 5%).
- Occasional need to work any hours of a day to implement/support activities in the plant.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No