The Team Lead 3rd Shift (Coupling Assembly) is responsible for ensuring the coupling assembly cell is actively engaged to meet daily customer demand and production schedules. The Team Lead is the first point of escalation for matters pertaining to the department. This role ensures effective training is being completed per the on the job training forms.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Work with cross functional team to manage and prioritize work orders to ensure customer demand and the production schedules are met.
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all safety and quality requirements.
- Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Front Line Leader or cross functional lead.
- Lead daily start up meeting and update production metrics and required documentation.
- Identify and support continuous improvement efforts by leading lean and 5S activities.
- Drive High-5 metrics: Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery, Inventory and Productivity
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Beltsville, MD will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Completed or working towards completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of manufacturing experience in coupling assembly
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to lift up 35lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm’s length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch for 8+ hours/day
- Experience with computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute percentages, area, circumference, and volume; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures and equipment, manufacturing methods, routings, and standards
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No