Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems business is currently seeking a Transformer Fluid Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Albuquerque, NM, Littleton, CO or Chandler, AZ.
Eaton wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
You will provide field
service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of
installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification
of electrical power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects for
electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment;
deliver technical solutions to customers; performs less conventional complex
engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing
of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Basic Transformer Operations and Functions
- Basic Operation of Hot Oil Vacuum De-Gassing Unit
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Technique
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years evaluating and servicing electrical distribution systems and transformer testing experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Littleton, CO, Albuquerque, NM or Chandler, AZ will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
now or in the future.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Experience taking and evaluating transformer oil samples
- Experience with troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience in Transformer Electrical Testing, Mechanical Testing and Fluid System Testing.
- Experience in Transformer Oil Analysis.
- Experience in Oil Filtration Operations as in Pumps and Hot Oil De-Gassing Equipment.
- Experience in Hauling Heavy Trailers Containing Oil Processing Equipment.
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Successfully complete company required training programs
- Willingness and ability to travel >50%
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time