Eaton’s B-Line division has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance Manager. The position is located at the Sherman, TX manufacturing facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and management of the plant’s overall Manufacturing Engineering activities to support manufacturing operations as well as managing all maintenance related responsibilities for the plant. Provides the necessary technical direction to improve productivity, process/product improvement and reduction of overall product cost, while meeting production schedules. Also serves as liaison between Design Engineering and plant’s manufacturing team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Supervise product, process, plant, manufacturing, assembly, and engineering projects to improve process capabilities, drive down cost, and improve manufacturing capabilities.
- Support annual budget preparation through the development of capital projects/expenditures.
- Drive accountability to maintain timelines, project initiatives, and cost structures. Delegate project workloads and allocate resources to accomplish desired results.
- Manage the qualification of new products and raw materials to be incorporated into the manufacturing process as well as Leading assessment and selection of talent for Manufacturing engineering positions.
- Strive to exemplify the Eaton Leadership Model on an ongoing basis. Support all departments with improving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Flex Productivity through capital expenditures, process check documentation, value stream mapping, RIE/kaizen events, design improvements, process improvements, manufacturing recommendations, capacity improvements, etc.
- Participate in manufacturing process decisions involving new and existing product lines to assess/improve equipment & capacity.
- Enforce an environment conducive to continuous improvement in manufacturing. Recommend alternatives for improving production methods, equipment, operating procedures, and working conditions. This includes working closely with cross functional continuous improvement teams.
- Coordinate manufacturing engineering functional communication among resources to ensure cost, quality, and delivery objectives are met (internal, external, sales/marketing, engineering, design, etc.).
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of departmental concerns in relation to established goals.
- Manage all maintenance activities for the plant, including the maintenance technicians on all three shifts.
- Provide leadership and direction to the maintenance personnel in the assigned area of responsibility, including planning and executing Safety, 5S, Preventative and Corrective Maintenance along with a TPM strategy and to support continuous improvement activities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience investigating, developing, quoting, justifying, and managing capital projects
- Minimum 1 year of Lean Manufacturing expertise
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Sherman, Texas will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA from an accredited institution
- 3 years of engineering experience in metal fabrication environment
- 3 years of supervisory experience for technical staff
- Experience reducing operating costs and increasing uptime through the implementation of Total Productive Maintenance
- Experience managing capital budgets totaling $5M annually
- Experience managing MRO procurement with regards maintenance.
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time