Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Laser Marker to join our team! This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for set up and operation of all Laser equipment. Understand all safety procedures involving the Laser function. Understand blueprints and its relationship to laser marking the product. Ability to use measuring devices to ensure accurate positioning of marking.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be trained in use of a Class 1 (protected) and Class 4 (unprotected) laser marker system, including all safety procedures, including Personal Protection Equipment and 5S Philosophies and laser room functions, fire extinguishers, ventilation, safety interlocks, fume extraction, etc.
- Interact with Laser using LaserCad User Interface to call up and activate required programs to accomplish specified mark. Contact Level 2 personnel or assigned manufacturing engineer for mark corrections.
- Need general knowledge of hand measuring tools, optical comparator, etc. to evaluate marked part content / location. Submit first article for inspection as required.
- Understand and Utilize provided tooling to accurately position parts for marking
- Be knowledgeable of 2D Matrix theory and practices
- Use Verification equipment including camera and scanner to capture and evaluate 2D Matrix marks manufactured by Laser process
- Be responsible for continuous improvement and cost out activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have one year manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
This position is Safety Sensitive and is subject to random testing under our Drug and Alcohol Abatement program.
Position Success Criteria
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- AutoCAD experience
- Familiar with trigonometry (xy coordinates)
- Blueprint reading
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No